Coronavirus (COVID-19) Local Information
Below are some resources in regards to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), from protecting yourself and others, to symptoms, news, and more, as well as some City of Emmett notices. As the situation progresses, we will update this section with more information.
~For the official Idaho Resource, please click the following link:
~For the official Center for Disease Control Resource, please click the following link:
~For information from the Small Business Administration Assistance Program, please click the following link:
March 27, 2020
*First Gem County COVID-19 Case Confirmed
Southwest District Health (SWDH) has confirmed a case of COVID-19 in a male in his 20s in Gem County. The individual in this case experienced mild symptoms and is recovering well at home. The source of transmission is under investigation. This individual has had no known contact with other confirmed cases. Additional case-specific information about this individual is confidential and will not be released.
*The Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ), Idaho Department of Lands (IDL), and Idaho Department of Health and Welfare (DHW) remind the public to refrain from all nonessential open burning activities as communities respond to the spread of the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19. To read the full press release, please click on the link below:
March 25, 2020
*Governor Little issues statewide "stay home" order. You can read the order by clicking on the link below:
*Governor Little also issued an Extreme Emergency proclamation, which you can read by clicking the link below:
*The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare has also issued a statewide Order to Self-Isolate for all individuals living in Idaho, which can be read by clicking the link below:
March 24, 2020
*Sewer backups are becoming much more frequent throughout Idaho because many are spending more time at home and trying to get rid of all the sanitizer wipes and flushable wipes they are using. Please do NOT flush these items. Please dispose of them in the garbage. Thank you for helping us keep you healthy and safe during this time of needed cooperation.
March 20, 2020
*ANNOUNCEMENT CONCERNING THE NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Seating at the next City Council meeting on Tuesday, March 24th at 7:00 p.m., will be limited to five (5) individuals from the public (limit does not count staff or those on the dais) in keeping with Governor Little’s suggested guidelines concerning “Social” gatherings. This is done by treating a Public Meeting as though it constituted a social gathering and is done as a best practice to protect the health, safety and welfare of the residents of Emmett, which is the city’s fundamental and constitutional mission. This follows, particularly in view of a recently reported confirmed case of COVID-19 in Canyon County.
Social distancing will be imposed in the chambers by chair placement. The good news is the meeting will be live streamed. Click on the yellow hot link below for the You Tube stream.
March 18, 2020
*Mayor Petrie declares State of Emergency for the City of Emmett
March 17, 2020
The City of Emmett has established a Tiered response to COVID-19. This will allow us to continue serving our community while also mitigating health risks to our citizens and staff. We are currently in a Tier 1 state as listed below. These considerations were made based on CDC guidelines.
* Tier 1 (Until 30 April OR confirmed case of COVID-19 in Gem County, whichever comes first)
We ask that citizens minimize in-person traffic to city facilities and conduct as much city business as practical through telephone, email, online, and utilizing payment drop boxes.
The Emmett Public Library Board held an emergency meeting and have decided to close all on-premise operations at the Emmett Library until further notice.
Public Works is NOT authorizing the reservation of ANY public or private event on city property between now and 30 April. Any prior events that have already been approved for that time frame will be asked to cancel the event. This does NOT mean we are closing the park to the public per se, what it does mean is we are not allowing it to be reserved for public or private event gatherings.
The following events have been canceled at this time: Wings & Wheels, City Park Easter Egg Hunt, Emmett Fire Chili Feed Fundraiser.
Barring an emergency requiring a public hearing under the law, staff will not schedule public hearings between now and April 30th
* Tier 2 (Activates when first case of COVID-19 is confirmed within Gem County and will extend for 8 weeks unless deemed otherwise)
Doors to City Hall and all other city buildings will be locked for public access. City staff will be on site to take phone calls and conduct city business. All contact phone numbers and emails will be posted on facility doors.
All employees that can, will work remotely.
Council meetings will take place remotely through a web meeting. We will facilitate public access to view the meetings and to stay in compliance with state statute for public meetings.
The Emmett Police Department will require on-line or phone reporting for certain types of citizen reports/complaints.
This tier is fluid and will be based on latest guidance from CDC, Idaho Governor’s Office and Southwest District Health.
* Tier 3 (Activates when the first confirmed contraction of COVID-19 by a city employee)
This tier will be fluid depending on the employee's duties and the circumstances at that time. We will provide updates to this site in the event of reaching Tier 3.
March 16, 2020
* Valor Health has requested the Emmett Fire Department to deploy a tent on site that can be used for triage of potential patients with COVID-19 prior to them entering the hospital. This tent is for screening and testing for respiratory illness, and is not a Hazmat incident.
* 1. Due to several confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Idaho, (some in Ada County) we encourage you to do your City Business remotely by phone or email, if practical.
2. For utility payments, we encourage you to use the drop box located in the foyer or the one on the east side of the back parking lot. If you have questions for the utility clerk call 208-365-6050, Ext. 3; or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Clerk’s Office: (208) 365-6050, Ext. 3; email@example.com.
4. Building and P&Z: (208) 365-9569.
5. Fire Emergencies always call 911; non-emergencies (208) 398-8042; firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Library: (208) 365-6057 (11am-3pm) staff contact available remotely via email@example.com.
7. Police: Emergencies always call 911; non-emergencies (208) 365-3521.
8. Public Works: (208) 365-9569.
9. Systems Administration (IT services): (208) 398-2100; firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Mayor: (208) 398-2023; email@example.com.
WELCOME TO EMMETT
Thanks for stopping by to explore Emmett Idaho, one of the most vibrant small cities in the Treasure Valley!
We hope you find what you are looking for, but never hesitate to reach out to us and we will be happy to help you around.
For information regarding Water System Flushing and Water Valve Exercising Programs, click on the image above!
If you have a Community Event that you wish to have displayed on the Events Calendar, please submit a request via the form located through this link.
If you wish to make a reservation request for an Emmett City Park location for a personal event, please click here to go to the City Park page containing the form.